Feature Your Designs . . .
THE INTERSECTION OF GLAMOUR + BRAVERY
Fashion Meets Poetry presents the 2nd Annual Unveiled Beauty Fashion Show on Sunday, November 11, 2018 from 6-9PM to be held at FIVE Event Center in Minneapolis, MN. Unveiled Beauty X Fashion Show combines women’s empowerment with a one-of-a-kind fashion show celebrating women in our community. To commemorate beauty and bravery, we invite models from our book, Unveiled Beauty: Handwritten Stories From a Poetic Heart to share their stories on stage for the very first time. The evening will begin with two empowerment speakers transitioning into a special fashion show inspired by the book with looks by local designers and everyday women as models.
The goal is to bring the characters within the selected poems to life with originality and artistic design. The designer should draw inspiration from the written work and the imagery it creates in the mind’s eye. Designers must be able to design for all sizes of women. Designers must have experience designing cocktail and evening attire. Designers will be given specific models, a few criteria and a lot of artistic freedom. Each designer will receive a poem to inspire 3 custom-designed looks for 3 different models.
2018 Unveiled Beauty X Fashion Show, Fashion Inspiration:
Modern Late 1950’s/ Early 1960’s Glamour
- Gain exposure, as a featured designer, to an influential and engaged audience who supports fashion, women’s empowerment, local businesses & the arts.
- Celebrate women in our community by making them feel beautiful and confident in your custom-designed runway looks.
- Promoted as an individual and/or business throughout the series on website, e-blasts, and all social media channels.
- Featured on marketing materials and event program distributed at fashion show event.
- Access to any printed or digital content of your designs featured at the fashion show.
- Receive one complimentary ticket to the Unveiled Beauty X Fashion Show.
- Special coupon $10 OFF, Unveiled Beauty: Handwritten Stories From a Poetic Heart by Lisa Harris
Applications DUE: Friday, August 3, 2018, 9AM CST – due to the amount of interest, we will not accept late applications.
Selection Review: August 4 - 9, 2018 Fashion Meets Poetry team to review all applications. 4 designers will be chosen.
Featured Designers Notified: Friday, August 10, 2018 all designers will be notified via email.
Vision Meeting for Featured Designers: To be scheduled in August.
Application Fee: The $25 application fee is required for consideration. This fee goes directly to fabric and materials needed to create the 12 looks that will be featured in the Unveiled Beauty X Fashion Show. After application received, you will receive an email link within 24 hours for payment before your application will be processed and reviewed.
- Respond promptly to any emails or phone calls from Fashion Meets Poetry team. There are many moving parts and your commitment to timely communication is greatly appreciated.
- Provide bio and all social media and website links for promotion (accept social media tags)
- Available for initial vision meeting with Lisa Harris, the founder and production team.
- Must have experience designing to women of all shapes and sizes (petite to plus size) – the models are every day women, NOT contracted models.
- Available for 2-3 dress fittings with models coordinated through Grace Tait, the fashion show producer.
- Design dresses within assigned budget for fabric and materials, any additional costs will be incurred at designer’s expense.
- Ensure dress is 100% complete and fitted for the dress rehearsal (1 week prior to event).
- Help to promote the fashion show event through available social media channels and recognize Fashion Meets Poetry in all communication.
- Encouraged to personally invite family and friends to support you by attending the event.
- Available for dress rehearsal (1 week prior to the event)
- Early arrival day of the event (1.5 hours prior to event start time)
2017 Unveiled Beauty
View 2017 Unveiled Beauty X Fashion Show Highlight Video: Here
Mercedes Bergman and Jacqueline Addison
Samantha Rei Crossland