Share Your Story. . .
FEEL EMPOWERED. BE WITNESSED. INSPIRE OTHERS.
It takes bravery to share our stories and we are honored you chose to take this step with Fashion Meets Poetry. We are your trusted partners along this journey. At Fashion Meets Poetry, our goal is to empower and provide every day women platforms to share their stories of courage and strength. Public speaking or writing experience is not required. Due to the volume of interest, we now have a formal selection process. We are looking for every day women who are ready to share stories that changed them or shaped who they have become - no story is too small or too large. Below are details and an application form to be considered for 2019.
Unveiled Beauty: Cultivating YOU events - live speech (40-60 attendees, no video recording)
Unveiled Beauty: Video Series - recorded video (internet audience)
Unveiled Beauty: Blog - featured story (website audience)
- Opportunity to share your story and develop a deeper connection with your truth.
- Be witnessed by your community on your path of self-reflection and healing.
- Help inspire and empower other women with your story of courage, strength, and life lessons.
- Access to the NEW! Unveiled YOU: A Self-Development Program which includes self-reflection, defining your story plus group and 1-on-1 coaching in writing and public speaking.
- Be a part of an exclusive network of women who have shared their story or modeled for our Unveiled Beauty audiences (aka, The Women of Unveiled Beauty).
- Experience a professional fashion photo shoot that may include hair, makeup, styling, and edited photos.
- Receive a complimentary ticket to an upcoming Unveiled Beauty: Cultivating YOU event.
- Promoted as an individual and/or business throughout the series on website, e-blasts, and social media: Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn (platforms approved by you).
- Featured on marketing materials, signs & event program distributed at events (approved by you).
Applications DUE: Wednesday, October 17, 2018, Noon CST - due to the amount of interest, we will not accept late applications.
Selection Notification: Applicants will be notified via email by Saturday, October 27, 2018 if they were selected and for which platform: the Unveiled Beauty stage, the Unveiled Beauty video series, or featured on the Unveiled Beauty blog.
Application Fee: There is NO fee attached to the application process. However, if selected all women are required to go through our online + in person Unveiled YOU: Self Development Program to guide you in self- reflection, defining and writing your story and public speaking and to build your self confidence in sharing. Online registration and fees will be sent to you upon acceptance.
- Commitment to timely communication is greatly appreciated due to the many moving parts
- Available for fashion photo shoot in November or early December (details to be sent via email)
- Provide bio and all social media and website links for promotion (willing to accept social media tags)
- Determine topic title and write short description to be used on website, social media, and marketing (team will help to edit)
- Help to promote through available channels and recognize Fashion Meets Poetry in all communication
- Encouraged to personally invite family and friends to support by attending event or sharing video/blog
- Ensure content contains elements of vulnerability, story-telling, life lessons and advice
- Review outline of speech and content with Fashion Meets Poetry for feedback and approval
- Available for Facebook LIVE and styling for the event (1-2 weeks prior to your event)
Unveiled Beauty Speakers
MARTY JO ENDRES
"Words can not describe how I felt on stage. Sharing my story at the Unveiled Beauty: Cultivating YOU event was such an incredible experience. The platform Lisa has created for women is an inspiration and blessing to so many. For the first time in my life, I truthfully felt surrounded by love and support. I hope my story gave strength and hope to others. It has definitely changed my life."
~ Unveiled Beauty: Cultivating YOU Speaker, Moving Past the Labels, 4/12/2018