2019 Year In Review
Lisa Harris ~ January 12, 2020
Today is January 12, 2020! We are officially 12 days into a new year and a new decade… how is that possible? With the holiday craze, family vacation, and falling a bit under the weather (10 days to be exact!), we are delayed in publishing our 2019 Year In Review.
How dare we fall off calendar? The world is expecting immediate results in real time. If you don’t publish before the end of the year, you might as well forget it… the world has simply moved on. Right? Well, the glorious thing about running your own privately-held business is you can choose if, when, and how you share.
With that said, we decided it was important to reflect on the past year, take a moment to celebrate our 2019 wins, and acknowledge those who contributed to our success. Here are our highlights:
- Welcomed six new Fashion Meets Poetry brand ambassadors to round out our team of ten.
- Created a fun Galentine’s Day event in partnership with ModernWell and shared 10 unique video love poems from women in our community.
- Guest hosted our first-ever LIVE radio show, Unveiled Beauty: Women, Bravery & Stories on KFAI 90.3 Minneapolis on International Women’s Day (March 8, 2019). LISTEN Here.
- Featured in Latin Evolution TV discussing the diversity of our platform and highlighting Maricella Herrara, our first Mexican-American woman to share her story on the Unveiled Beauty stage. WATCH Here.
- Launched Unveiled Beauty in St. Cloud, Minnesota, sold out both our Spring and Fall events, and joined in sisterhood with +120 women.
- Coached, guided, and mentored twenty women across the Twin Cities and St. Cloud to boldly share their stories in our Unveiled YOU! program.
- Served on the Distinguish Panel of Judges for the Miss Minnesota 2019 competition where Miss Minnesota went on to compete LIVE on NBC for Miss America 2020.
- Family featured in Lake Society Magazine, Summer 2019 Issue.
- Shared my talk: The Power of Storytelling at several events and organizations including: Dress For Success Twin Cities, Accelerated Global Connection, Rock What You Got, and A Night of Wellness, plus discussed Mentorship with Hmong American Partnership (HAP).
- Partnered with our first charity, Dress For Success Twin Cities for our November event and with the help of Kendra Scott in the Mall of America raised money for the organization.
- Appeared on our 9th TV segment with the lovely Miss Minnesota, Kathryn Kueppers to promote our November event. Thank you Fox 9!
- Produced our 20th Unveiled Beauty storytelling event at the beautiful Minneapolis Institute of Art.
- Launched our Unveiled YOU! 12 week women’s empowerment program, a transformational, personal development program that guides women through self-reflection, writing and giving their story a voice on the Unveiled Beauty stage. Learn More About Here.
- Expanded our brand into merchandise with the pre-sale of our Bravery is Beautiful t-shirt to be delivered early Spring 2020. Pre-sale available – ORDER Here.
- Published our first-ever Unveiled Beauty blog story: A Mother’s Imperfect Love written by Ivy Kaminsky. READ Here.
- Delivered a 3X growth in attendance since our 2017 launch event and expanded our social media following and exposure.
Thank you to our 2019 team who supported this platform above and beyond anything we could have ever asked for! With the dedication and commitment of the women in our community, we delivered our mission and built heart connections.
Thanks to these extraordinary women:
Special Event Producers – Amber Rose Bjerke (Spring 2019), Beatrice Adenodi (November 2019), and Mandi Moon & Jessica Sparks (St. Cloud)
Event Emcees – Anahita Champion (Spring 2019), Maria Johnson (November 2019), Kelly Radi (St. Cloud)
Art Director – Tressie Schneider
Last but not least, a special shout-out goes to all our sponsors throughout the year. With your generosity, talents, and time, we were able to provide a premiere experience for our women.
Famiglia Meschini Wines
Yoga Pants Bakery
Lumber Exchange Center
Tressie Schneider Creative Services
Gina Watkins Hair
Fox Face Studios
Strategic Visionaries Financial Planning
My Social Drive
Minneapolis Institute of Art
Schmidt & Salita Law
Mai o’ Mai Floral & Gifts
Maria Johnson Speaking Mastery
Select Wise Ink Authors
St. Cloud, Minnesota
Wingnut Tattoo & Body Piercing
White Peony Boutique
Tina Scepaniak Real Estate
J. Sparks Ink
Mandi Moon Consulting
E & Co. Clothing
Kelly Radi, Author & Speaker
Arbor Hair Studio
Angel Schneider Makeup
Joshua Schneider Photography
Above all, it was a rewarding and powerful year. We laughed, we cried, we boldy stepped into our bravery, and we built authentic connections with each other. Together, we continued to rise above with our heads held high and our hearts full. We supported one another behind the scenes and practiced our message of love and women’s empowerment.
It is my greatest honor to serve the women in our community and I look forward to embracing new faces, new stories, and new connections in 2020… we have lots up our sleeve. Stay tuned.
For now, I simply say THANK YOU! I am grateful to all those who played a small and large role in helping us get to where we are today…
We believe storytelling has the power to heal the world.
This is us.
This is what we do.
Making Heart Connections.
One Story at a Time.